1. Our common welfare should come first; personal progress for
the greatest number depends on unity.
2. For our group purpose, there is but one authority, a loving
God as He may express Himself in our group conscience - - our leaders are both trusted servants; they do not govern.
3. The only requirement for membership in the 12-step group for
Christian recovery is that a person feels a need for spiritual fellowship and emotional consolation and support.
4. Each recovery group within lighthouse’s outreach should
be autonomous, except in matters affecting another group to Lighthouse as a whole.
5. Each Lighthouse Christian Recovery Group has but one purpose:
To help those in spiritual and/ or emotional need. We do this by practicing the Twelve Steps of recovery ourselves, by encouraging
and understanding our group members and by welcoming them.
6. Our Lighthouse Christian Recovery Groups ought never endorse
finance or lend our name to any outside enterprise, least problems of money, property, and prestige divert us from our primary
spiritual aim. Although a separate entity, we should always cooperate with the directives and principles of Lighthouse in
Scranton as a whole.
7. Every Christian Recovery Group within Lighthouse ought to be
fully self-supporting declining outside contributions.
8. Our Lighthouse Christian Recovery Group ought to remain forever-non
professional, although our services may employ special workers.
9. Our groups as such ought never be organized, but we may crate
service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve.
10. The Lighthouse Christian Recovery Groups have no opinion on
outside issues; hence, our name ought never be brought into public controversy.
11. Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather
than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, television and films. We need guard
with special care the anonymity of all group members.
12. Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions,
ever reminding us to place principles above personalities